- About Us
- Pass With Us
1. You must be of legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B photo cardI driving licence. If a an older paper licence is held, then you must also produce a valid passport as photographic identification.
For Motorway, Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above.
You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. You must notify your instructor of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
3. If you wish to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 24 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 24 hours notice will the result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by your instructor.
4. If your instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show up, your instructor will wait 10 minutes if there is no contact made between you, they will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
5. Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If the appointment does need to be cancelled by your Instructor, they will contact you to explain the reason no fee will be charged. If your instructor needs to cancel your lesson at short notice then, as you have to pay for a missed lesson, your instructor will give the next planned lesson free of charge.
6. Lessons must be paid for in advance or at the time of the lesson by cash, cheque or bank transfer as agreed by your instructor. Your instructor will advise you to whom the cheque should be made payable. and any bank details as necessary.
7. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, your instructor will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board.
8. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, the ADI has a responsibility to the DSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. The Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
9. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DVSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DVSA. The instructor cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. Your instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle and will compensate you to the value of the driving test given in the form of training and not in cash or other financial means.
10. Our “Mock Test Policy” is structured to help create the atmosphere and feel of the real test and we achieve this by being able to use other instructors within our team. The aim is not to “beat you up” but to help you prepare mentally and physically for the practical driving test. We would expect that you you take at least 2 but you may have as many as you feel are necessary in order to prepare you, however, you must pass at least 1 mock test before your instructor will allow you to book your practical test. In the event that it is not possible to take /pass the required mock test, agreement MUST be made with your instructor prior to booking the official practical test.
11. Prices are subject to change but we will inform you in advance of any proposed change. From time to time we have Special Offers where terms and conditions apply.
Our 5 hours for £95 introductory offer is only for new starters ( unless prior agreement has been made by your instructor). We will deliver 3 hours of the 5 as lessons and keep the remaining 2 hours back for the use of the car when you take your test. You will NOT be entitled to a refund of the test 2 hours IF you leave the driving school prior to test unless at the discretion of your instructor.
12. Please be aware that as Driving Instructors we have a responsibility to you our customer, the examiners and the general public with regards to safety and we have the right to refuse the use of our vehicles for use on test if we believe that you are not at the required standard. Eligibility to take the test will require you to perform to the “Standard” reasonably consistently in the weeks leading up to your test.
13. Refunds Policy-If you wish to terminate your driver training with RIMS Driving School you should politely inform your instructor of your intention to do so, just as we would if we felt it necessary to discontinue your training. You will be refunded on a “pro-rata” basis in respect of advanced payments for block bookings.
For example; Say you paid £230 (buy 10 get 1 free offer) and after 4 hours you decide to leave the school, your refund will be calculated as follows;
£230 – £92 ( 4 hours at £23/ hour) = £138. The discounted free lesson only applies if the full block of 10 lessons are taken.This payment would be made within 7 days.
However, there will be other special / individual circumstances from time to time, which are too numerous to list, when a full refund will be paid at the discretion of your instructor.
14. The Priority test booking service is intendend to give the greatest degree of flexibility within the driving school to provide pre-booked test dates that can be allocated to priority customers who become test ready without waiting for a test date to become available on the DVSA website. we can allocate these tests to candidates upto 3 days prior to the test date. Customers are required to pay up front for this service including an admin fee to cover the cost of running the system. If you were to fail your driving test, you would have to wait a minimum of 10 working days before you would be entitled to take another test as dictated by the DVSA. With that in mind, we would endeavour to get you back in for test within 3 weeks of failing providing that we agrre that you are at the required standard to pass.. You will be expected to pay for the new test and booking fee within 24 hours of your failed attempt in order to benefit from the priority booking system.
We have updated our Terms & Conditions to comply with GDPR
As part of our ongoing commitment to ours customers and our great customer service, we wish to inform you that we have taken steps to ensure we comply with the new GDPR privacy regulations and how we store, keep and use your personal information that you provide us through the website forms and in person in the car on lesson.
We are required to keep your data for accounting purposes for a period of 7 years as required by HMRC. After that period your data will be physically or digitally shredded depending upon how the data was recorded.
The information we hold.
External video footage from in-car dash cameras whilst on lessons
Please be assured that we do not share any of your data, without your consent, to anyone other than those instructors within the school for the purposes of delivering a service. You will be required to complete a generic form from our website indicating that you are aware of the data that you have provided to us and that you consent to us using it as described. You will have the opportunity to ask us to remove any or all of the information we hold about you.
If you have any questions or concerns how your personal data is been used with RIMS Driving School email: email@example.com